Saturday 8 October 2011

If I Could Start a Fire


If I could start a fire,
That will live up to my heart’s desire,
I will sleep serenely in its light,
As it devours the little pieces of night
That always disturbed me in my sleep,
I’ll watch it dance for me when I weep
In my secret white haven of cold
And it’ll burn away the pain of the world,
Forever reflecting in my sparkling eyes,
Melting my soul’s flakes as it dies,
And I watch as its ashes in smoke disappears
Into another life with all my fears,
And when the sun’s taken over the fight,
I’ll still wait for the next lonesome night
To hide in a place where no sound of feet
Disturbs the waves of winter and silent retreat,
Then I’ll start yet another fire,
That will live up to my heart’s desire.

4 comments:

  1. idk you sound so lonely
    and seeking hope or waiting for someone
    idk

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually this was a good kind of loneliness, peaceful and passionate at the same time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to know you feel good
    :)

    ReplyDelete