Wednesday 14 March 2012

Gold and Grey




The masks of gold that cover every face,
They fall so short of hiding lies I spin,
How does a girl maintain her tiring grace,
When at his sight her heart it yearns for sin?

If I may ask for nights’ explanations, how
You take all fear in them, turn them to dust.
They would say masks are fear and I know now
That lies they hide, are as sinful as lust.

I ask them ‘’Is your face also a mask?’’
Ah! Love, I care not what the mask will say,
To know your every detail is such a task
That held me captive, love I need not stray

To find anything about your heart for I too
Have held it night after night until I found
A light at night that shone through me and through,
Grey ghosts that kept me from reaching your sound.

As distant as this voice may go inside
The abyss, I follow hypnotized like blind
And foolish children follow music’s tide,
All derived from the leisure of their mind.

And so I stumble without you even glance,
Behind to take my hand down with you so,
I must keep my feet up beat for a chance,
To die in arms built for me, eyes more true

Than any gospel put down by saints designed
To keep me grounded, lands I don’t belong
To tries to trap me, yet I’m to say what’s lined
For me in the stars, dare who say I am wrong?

So who’s to say the nights’explanations are
To be obeyed, it’s only us flying high,
Embraced in clouds, nothing to hold us, far
Above all, where I ask you to kiss me,
And you ask not why.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't expect less from you, it wasn't great but at the same time quite good!

    Now, what I'm really interested in is: What did influence you to write this poetry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanksss ^^ im glad u liked it...quite good in my first poem using meter is an accomplishment :D I really focused on structure more than quality in this one, but it's been really fun :)
    what influenced me is that this kind of poetry is more challenging and more professional, free verse is liberating, but writing within a ''canvas'' has its own kind of freedom...
    walla enta usdak what inspired THIS particular poem?! :D

    ReplyDelete