Sunday 24 June 2012

Grow Back The Sun



I opened my eyes and darkness closed them
I opened my soul and my soul was dim
Who turned off the lights?
I've drowned in the screams and blood of fights
And my heart rode on the back
Of butterflies ten thousand and black
Until off their backs it went on falling
In the sound of a fate that has been calling
What do you see that I can not see?
How can the fall ever set me free?
I believe, Dear god, I do believe
That faith can only truth conceive
Because I believe, so I do perceive
That my love will only love receive
I will allow the fall to carry me deeper
To find my own heart, and finder's keeper
And once I do, like a shooting arrow
I'll shoot it high in twisted paths and narrow
From the oceans of dark water and debris
It will burst into the sky, strong and free
And be it dark or hollow up in the sky
My passion will keep it running high
Up in space, who turned on the lights?
My soul floats around me wide and bright
I saw you loading your gun cold as stone
I saw you shooting my heart off its throne
But the star you shot from your violent gun
Has finally helped me grow back the sun
Go forth, my phoenix, the legacy has just begun
Now watch me grow back ten thousand suns.

No comments:

Post a Comment