Sunday 3 February 2013

Under Your Throne



I breathe here, under your throne
Like my lungs drew air for the first time
What arrow has shaken my every bone,
I come clean before you for my every crime.

Under your throne there's a smile
That I never saw but have known forever,
My grieve has taken me a thousand mile
Just so in its light I can flow like a river,

Full of stars withering and falling then reborn,
To line every path that you unravel inside
Here as I kneel powerless and forlorn,
Here as I'm carried away by your unseen tide

Of angels concealed under their glory-
Your servitude, how I long for their grace,
For my secret silent prayers, for my story,
For the feel of your angels' touch on my face.

Under your throne the world is mute,
Only the sound of my wounded soul a scream
In my heart's twisted sinew, my mind's lute
And my faith digging out the grave of my dream.

I know you see me now in the anxious crowd,
I know you are looking down on my silence,
Will you take me as a slave? Should I be proud
And renounce the ways of my inner violence?

Know me, my gracious God and say unto me,
That my tears shall not waste away,
In all the darkness of the eyes I see,
Tell me God that you've paved this way.

And I shall cry, but not for a sadness inside
I shall cry for every stabing pain, every sin,
Under the throne of God, I swell with pride
For your name is carved under my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment