Monday 20 August 2012

When My Soul Left


Have you ever felt like you're not yourself?

You're being remade at this very moment,
Your past doesn't mean more than a dusty shelf
A laugh forgotten, a tear long dried,an empty comment.
Your soul is being poured into the air,
''Where are you going?'' you ask
''Whom are you leaving me for?'' worn and bare,
There's nothing but a hollow rusty mask
A mask that is all too familiar to hate,
''Temporary'',your soul answers, ''I'll be back,
You'll not die tonight, it's not your fate,
I'll go in and out of you in waves of black''
Like an old tavern that has been dead for ages, 
Only ressurected by the ghosts of drunkenness
And sent to sleep by the sober prayers of sages,
Sweeping a light across the horizon of darkness,
I'm being reinvented and only my beating heart
Is circulating inside me the bleeding campfire
Of  life into the night of ghost stories, till I depart,
And my soul, the sacred pit of dreaming desire,
The grimacing hurricane in a stagnating town,
Looking after my fleeting existence from within,
And leaving me just so in his oceans I'd drown
I'd stand beside him forever until the decay of my skin,
Go forth and bring back with you a dream,
That suits my gleaming heart in his hand,
Go forth and bring back a sparkling stream
Of northern stars breaded into a thickened strand,
And then enter me and settle inside me
Wrap around us the covers of serenity,
My arm reaches out for a universe so free
And ruled only by his sweeping sound's clarity.

1 comment:

  1. yes ,,, but sometime noo ,,, maybe yes maybe no ,, :@

    ReplyDelete