Wednesday 7 November 2012

Safe!


Today I revisited my past and I looked at all the things I've been rejected and brought to my knees for, on all the things I've believed or been made to believe are wrong with me, what I have been made to feel inferior and worthless for.
For the first time ever, they made me smile because now I have closure to all of them. I heard the sound of your voice ringing in my ear saying that you love me and it forgives all those tasteless years and wraps a warm blanket around my cold feet... I don't have to worry about those insecurities anymore, because time after time you've kissed them goodbye, and I get to sleep with the taste of your lips and without any of them. Now I realize, I haven't cried myself to sleep since you came into my life.
You, my love, make me thank God for all the suffering on my path that he sent you to heal and you make me thankful for the healing and the scars. I'm proud of the scars and I'm more proud that they will always be a reminder of what I've been through to get to you.
I shouldn't feel worried or scared of being unloved anymore, of being misunderstood and taken for granted, or even afraid I'd grow old and die alone and with bitterness in my heart where should have been love. Because your voice will always be in my ears, my eyes looking into yours and our hands glued together for this life and all lives to come... All because you saw me, all because of the love we no longer know how to survive without, the love that makes every other dream become secondary to it.

2 comments: