Monday 11 March 2013

The Actress



Good Mister, forgive me
For I did not mean to love you
I am but a miller's daughter
Who dreamed to be free
But the how I never knew, 
Forgive my rude tone,
I was raised under a bridge
And then in jewels and stone
You dressed me, 
I became your own- A refuge 
Is what you gave me, here
In a new fancy dress, a title,
A crown that huge,
A voice so vital, 
Forgive me, I've come too near
I never meant to be theatrical
I never meant for red eyes
Or schemes and mapped out lies
I know, my love gets hysterical,
Dearest Mister, I will leave
If you desire me to leave,
I will die without even asking why,
But please don't look as I cry
And turn the other way,
I'm afraid then I'll be denied day
And All the blessings it brings
All your collars and diamond rings
You've already plucked my feathers
I stand here unveiled, unlaced
Knee deep in invisible tethers
Threatening to let me go disgraced
If you do not forgive me, Sir,
You've been kind enough to care
About my journey from under
The bridge and into the dark
I was meant for, storm of thunder
Aimed at my back to sculpt a mark
That will be impossible to get rid of
So, be burdened not by my 
mistakes and breaks and the cry
All I ask, is for a love
Forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment